The material on this web site is for informational purposes only. My Pilates endeavours to keep the information on our site as accurate and as up-to-date as possible. However, to the full extent permitted by law, My Pilates makes no warranty and representation, endorsement, express or implied, as to the reliability, completeness, or accuracy of the information, nor accepts any liability resulting from the access of this site and reliance upon its contents of information (including the software operating in connection with the My Pilates Website).
My Pilates reserves the right to change the information, including but not limit the models, prices, colours, materials, equipment, or other specifications referred to on this site at any time without prior notice. Always consult your My Pilates instructor for the latest information about a My Pilates service or product and its availability.
My Pilates makes no warranty and takes no liability for any web sites maintained or controlled by other entities which are or may become linked or frame to or from this site.
All information on this site is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may not use any copyrighted information (including images, text, and trademarks) on this site without prior written approval from My Pilates or as permitted by South African Law.
My Pilates (“My Pilates”, “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and to complying with the Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”).
My Pilates instructors (“Instructor”) are independent entities and responsible for their own privacy which may differ from ours and privacy practices. Please contact your My Pilates Instructor directly for further information.
2. What types of personal information does My Pilates collect?
The types of personal information My Pilates collects from you depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
My Pilates may collect contact details including your name, address, email address, and phone and fax numbers.
Where relevant, My Pilates may also collect personal information including; your date of birth, occupation, gender, information about your schedule, and answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with My Pilates or Instructors.
When using the My Pilates website, My Pilates may collect web site usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the web site that referred you to us, and the next website you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests, and the country you are in. Except where you provide it to us via the website, we do not collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, or phone number when you are browsing our website.
My Pilates does not require customers to provide any sensitive information (e.g. details of race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information, etc.) to us. If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason (for example, if you provide us with information about a disability you have or other health related information), you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Act and other relevant laws.
In some cases, sensitive information in relation to an individual’s membership of a trade or similar association may be provided to us but we do not actively seek this information and will only use and disclose that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Act and other relevant laws.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, My Pilates may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. How does My Pilates collect your personal information?
My Pilates will generally collect personal information directly from you in several ways. For example, we collect information when you:
- use this website to make an enquiry about our products and services such as when you request to be sent information or for purposes that are made clear on the page on which the information is collected;
- are employed by us through the application and employment process, including through third parties such as your referees and previous employers;
- enter our website and our third party Internet Host provider records your server address; domain name, the date and time of your visit, and the pages viewed;
- purchase a vehicle or service a vehicle and become a customer;
- enter a competition or respond to a survey;
- post a comment on our website, send us an email, or make a telephone enquiry;
- ask to be placed on a mailing list;
- provide your information to a third party that we supply or provide services to such as Instructors, contractors, and regulatory authorities.
4. What does My Pilates use your personal information for?
The purposes for which we use and disclose your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collect it.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorized or required by law.
In general, we collect, use, and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use, and disclose personal information are as follows:
- to facilitate your request for a brochure or to join a class, to add you to a mailing list, or to respond if you request information (including via the My Pilates website or via an email you send to us);
- to record and maintain the details of your purchase of a My Pilates plan;
- to keep track of the My Pilates services rendered to you;
- to issue communication and class reminders;
- to improve our products and services;
- to contact you with further information about, and to seek feedback on, our products and services;
- to advise and evaluate Instructors;
- to verify your identity;
- to access your suitability for employment or other relationships with us;
- to facilitate your entry and participation in a competition or trade promotion;
- to consider you for a job at My Pilates (whether as an employee or contractor) or other relationships with us;
- to provide goods or services to you, or provide information on goods or services to you, or to receive goods or services from you;
- to address any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship;
- to contact you, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
5. To whom does My Pilates disclose?
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- our related companies
- our authorized agents and contractors (for example mailing houses, printers, marketing agencies, insurance providers, accountants, website and data hosting providers, and other IT suppliers);
- other persons or entities who perform services for, or in connection with, us (including to facilitate the delivery of purchases, for electronic direct mailing, for credit card payment authorization, for trend analysis, for market research, for promotions, and for the provision of statistical sales information to industry bodies);
- companies who may use your personal information to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage) in relation to our products and services;
- our accountants, insurers (including those that provide extended warranties), lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisers;
- if you are an individual contractor to My Pilates, to your employer or agency in relation to the performance of your work with My Pilates;
- if you are an individual contractor to My Pilates or a prospective employee, to our medical service providers for any medical assessments or in relation to any health or safety incidents and to HR related service providers (e.g. for background checks, screening or aptitude testing);
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties treat your private information in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Act.
If you post information to certain public parts of our website or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information may be available to be viewed by the public. It is advisable that you use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
6. Does personal information leave South Africa?
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside South Africa. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies overseas and to our overseas service providers.
The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. In the ordinary course of business, we commonly do not disclose personal information to parties outside of South Africa. Except where an exception applies under the Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Act in relation to such information.
7. Direct marketing
My Pilates will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
9. Links, cookies, and use of the My Pilates website
The My Pilates website may contain links to other sites. The operators of those websites may have privacy policies and practices which differ from our own. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website that collects your personal information.
My Pilates is not responsible for the content of any external website or the privacy practices of any third party.
My Pilates uses technology such as “cookies” on its website and in emails you have agreed to receive from us so we can improve our website and services provided by our websites and enhance your user experience.
Each time you access the My Pilates website, the My Pilates server may deliver certain customised information, including ads, to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may show our ads on sites on the Internet and serve these ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other Internet activity. My Pilates may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns.
10. Accessing and updating personal information
If you wish to access, correct, or update personal information held by an Instructor, or unsubscribe from direct marketing from the Instructor, please contact that Instructor directly.
11. Queries, comments, and complaints about our handling of personal information
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, concern, or complaint.
My Pilates will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
12. Contact details
If you wish to seek access to or correct or update any personal information we hold about you, or to unsubscribe from or change your contact preferences in relation to our direct marketing, or for all privacy related queries, requests, and complaints you can contact My Pilates at: